Top 10 Resources to Learn Digital Marketing
Whether you are a working professional, a business owner, a student or an entrepreneur; digital marketing is one of the most vital skills you need to learn to empower your career and business. It is important to learn digital marketing not only because of its rapid growth but also due to its constantly evolving nature. Many people consume all kinds of information online hence making it the best possible way for anyone to reach their targeted customers.
As the world is quickly becoming digital, companies and brands are now starting to recognize the need of going digital. Companies are quickly adopting this skill to reap the benefits of digital marketing.
There are various disciplines of digital marketing but the core modules which we need to know prior to others are:-
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Web Analytics
You can even learn all these modules from yourself without spending a single penny. There are countless resources available online to sharpen your skills.
If you are one of them who are passionate about online marketing or want to leverage it for professional growth, then these resources which I am going to share will really help you in acquiring the insight knowledge of all these modules of digital marketing.
- Moz: This is one of the topmost resources I’ve found on the internet to learn digital marketing. There’s no better starting place to learn SEO than The Beginner’s Guide to SEO from Moz. It is absolutely free and starts from the very basic of SEO. It also enables you to further understand the continuously evolving field of SEO. If you only have the time to read one guide then this is the one you should read first.
- Search Engine Journal: This is another helpful resource that will assist you to gain in-depth knowledge in the realm of SEO, SMM & PPC. They are dedicated for producing latest search news, best guides, and eBooks for SEO and marketer community.
- Search Engine Land: It features daily search engine industry news & trends in Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid-Per-Click Advertising (PPC) & Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plus expert analysis, tips, tactics & How to Guides for search marketing. “The Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors” provided by them will enhance your knowledge of SEO.
- eMarketing Institute: It offers free digital marketing courses, eBooks and free certifications. From social media to search engine optimization, you have the opportunity to learn more about digital marketing and getting certified. You can use this Certificate as proof of your new skill set and include it on your LinkedIn Profile.
- RankYa: RankYa provides you complete step by step SEO and WordPress Optimization course that includes both lessons and video tutorials. It also consists of a digital marketing blog with easy to use website techniques and best practices for Facebook marketing.
- Social Media Examiner: It publishes online magazines, blogs, and podcasts about how business owners and entrepreneurs can use social networks to connect with customers, drive traffic, and increase sales. It’s free eBook “SMM Industry Report” provides you the insight view of how marketers use social media to grow their business.
- HubSpot: They also offer free certification courses and training programs meant to help anyone involved in the field of digital marketing. Their academy is an online learning center for marketers, salespeople, and designers to learn the various modules including Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Inbound Marketing & Sales, Growth-Driven Design and much more.
- Quick Sprout: This website offers an extensive library of guides and videos that teach you every module of digital marketing. The “Blog” section of this website includes so many comprehensive guides which you can also download on your system. Its “University” section also contains video tutorials which will help you understand all the concepts in the easiest way.
- Constant Contact: “Social Media Quickstarter” by Constant Contact provides you the step-by-step instructions you need to start building your social media presence across all of the top social networks. It includes easy-to-read guides and Digital Marketing tactics for Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+.
- ShoutMeLoud: It is an award-winning blog which gives you insight knowledge about starting & managing a blog. It covers all the essential topics about WordPress, SEO, SMM, and Affiliate Marketing. If you are going to start a blog, then visit this website and learn aspects necessary to run your blog.
Apart from these, there are other resources available on the internet like Google’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide, SEMrush, PPC HERO, Udemy, Backlinko and many more. A new digital era has arrived. It’s time to start exploring the importance of digital marketing and its innate potential of uplifting their professional career. I firmly believe that all the resources discussed here are ideal for a beginner to learn digital marketing. Kindly share this article with your friends & followers and in case you have any queries then just let me know by dropping your comments below.